URL Rewriting Tool
Enter a URL
The most important aspect of a website is its URL. First, it's what you type into your browser. Second, it's how Google determines if your website is relevant and helpful to searchers.
Despite this, many websites still don't have static URLs that are easy for users and search engines alike to understand. Many sites have dynamic URLs that change every time someone visits them due to factors such as user IDs or query strings (parameters) added by search engines for their bots to better index content on a page.
How to Convert Dynamic URL to Static URL?
- There are three ways to convert dynamic URLs to static URLs.
- You can use our URL rewriting tool.
- You can use a plugin for your CMS (Content Management System). For example, WordPress has plugins such as Search Reoptimize and Redirection that allow you to update the URLs of your existing posts, pages, etc. with no manual editing in the database or FTP server.
- The third way is manually using the browser's developer tools (Chrome and Firefox have them).
What is a Dynamic URL?
A dynamic URL is a URL that changes in response to the user's actions. For example, if you visit your favorite bookmarking site and search for "puppies," you'll be redirected to a page that lists all the puppies for sale on the site.
What is a Static URL?
Static URLs are the same across all pages, which means they're easy to remember and share. That's why social media platforms like Facebook and Twitter use static URLs for their links: when you post a link to your profile page or tweet it out, no matter what page you go to, everyone will see that same URL. This makes them easier for search engines like Googlebot to properly index because there's no need for additional tracking variables.
Why does your site need a static URL?
Dynamic URLs can be a huge pain for your website. They're harder to index, not easy to keep track of and make it more difficult for users to navigate your site. Because of these issues, you must take the time and effort necessary to use an URL Rewriting tool to change your dynamic URLs into static ones as soon as possible.
- Easier for Users to Read and Understand - When users see your dynamic URL, it is not easy to understand what the page is about. The URLs can be long and complicated, making it difficult for people to remember them. Furthermore, they are not easy to read and understand at first glance.
- Can be Easily Indexed by Search Engines - You may have heard that search engines cannot index dynamic URLs. But what does that mean exactly? Dynamic URLs are those that change based on the platform they're accessed from, or based on the user's session. They aren't static and don't remain constant throughout your site.
- Forget about 404 Error Pages - If you’re not using a 301 redirect to forward your old URLs to their new ones, you need to start doing that now. Not only will it help with SEO and user experience, but it can also protect your company’s brand.
- Best Practice for Web Data Security - While both types of URLs have their pros and cons, it's generally agreed upon that static URLs are more secure because they don't contain any executable code.
Why convert dynamic URLs to static URLs?
The following are reasons why you should convert dynamic URLs to static ones:
- It’s a best practice.
- Dynamic URLs are harder for users to read and understand. They’re also harder for search engines to index, not receiving as much traffic from search engines as they would otherwise. It can make your website less useful if you want more people to find you through Google or Bing!
- You can forget about 404 error pages (which is a good thing!). If a user types in the wrong URL but still find something useful on your site by mistake, it won't matter because the URL will still be correct after getting re-written with SEO URL Rewriter!
We hope our URL Rewriting Tool will help you convert dynamic URLs to static ones. It is a crucial process that will help you improve the security of your website and make it easier for users to access and understand.